Vol. 2: March & April, 2022
We're now well into 2022 and excited for warmer weather here in the Midwest. It's been a busy winter, but now it's time to shift gears and get ready for spring and summer. Here's a quick recap of the past two months...
- Our full season of Boat Shows has come to an end. It was a busy couple of months filled with long hours over the road, a couple of broken down trucks, displays set up and and taken down, and many great conversations. We were spread out across Minnesota, Michigan, and Ohio for months. People are excited to get back on the water and we love being a part of that.
- In anticipation of summer, we're looking forward to the second annual Kickoff to Summer event at the MN State Fair over Memorial Day Weekend. Last year, this was the first event we had participated in since March of 2020. It was a blast. This year will be even bigger and better. More food, more vendors, increased capacity, and more music (and yes, we'll be bringing back our shipping container pop up shop). We're busy preparing and hope to see many of you there. Don't miss out and reserve your tickets here.
- In case you missed it, we quietly launched our newest paddle board earlier this year: The Portager Hybrid. The response has been incredible! We have since sold through our first production batch, with our second production recently in stock and ready for the water. Be sure to claim yours before it's too late.
- A customer sent us our favorite video year-to-date... a seal trailing their Karve Kayak while out paddling. Watch it here.
- Although it was a cooler spring (we enjoyed a sauna break at the office the other day), the ice is nearly out on most lakes. Many paddlers have taken advantage and spent some time out on the water. As always, remember to wear a life jacket, especially when water temperatures continue to be very cold. Read some cold water paddling tips here.
- Ice is out in Minneapolis and our team got out on the water for our first paddle of the year! Watch a clip from our time here. As a reminder, when the snow melts, there's always an excess of garbage buildup revealed. In an effort to keep our lakes clean, we encourage you to pick up trash when you see it. Next time you're out, clean up some trash and earn our Keep it Clean badge from our Paddle Challenges.
- We're excited to be partnering with Chad Greenway from the MN Vikings as we rally for Hospitality House Youth Development. Join the cause and enter to win a Utility Dock XL and a Portager, in addition to other great prizes. Click here to learn more.
- As always, we recommend planning ahead for your time on the water this summer. Demand continues to be high and the inventory situation is changing every day.
Despite a busy March and April, many of us still found some time to get away. Matt and his family went snowboarding in Montana, Molly relaxed on the beach in Florida, and Pete took a family trip to California.